Roof coatings are exceptional materials in terms of resistance and durability – they serve as the topmost layer of the roof, the layer that takes all the beating from the elements and they protect the roofing structure not only from the damage caused by the elements, but from energy loss as well.
Roof coatings play a double role: they are intended to prolong the life of the roof and they reduce the amount of energy needed to maintain the temperature of the building interior comfortable. The period for which roof coatings are able to fulfil these two roles depends very much on the type of the coating material, on the material’s properties and the thickness of the coating layer applied on the roof. Proper application and proper usage also influence the lifespan of the coating – coating that is not applied correctly or that is not suitable for the weather pattern that dominate the specific area will surely have a shorter life.
The lifespan of roof coating usually ranges between 3-10 years – you can find out the exact life expectancy from the instruction manual of the coating product. Most coating products need to be reapplied regularly to maintain their strength and durability – the exact details will also be contained in the instruction manual. All you need to know about roof coatings is the professionals who perform them, see http://ultimateroofcoaters.com/.
Roof coatings come with lots of great benefits, one of these advantages being reduced energy costs – the roof coating of the right type and color can reduce the amount of heat absorbed by the roof from solar radiations and can also reduce the amount of heat that slips out through the roof.
The two features are called solar reflectance and thermal emittance, both measures on a scale from 0 to 1 – the higher value of the parameter offered by your roofing material and roof coating, the cooler the roof. The roof coatings that offer the highest solar reflectance are usually light-colored products because light hues reflect the suns’s rays more efficiently than darker shades. Thermal emittance depends more on the material of the coating than on the color – there are many great coating products available that seal the roof’s surface and prevent the air that you heat or cool inside with so much cost from slipping out.
Beside increased energy efficiency San Antonio TX commercial roofing coatings provide many other benefits as well. Being made from durable materials, roof coatings can efficiently increase the durability of your roof, too, they can also improve the comfort enjoyed by the building’s occupants and it improves the appearance of your entire building, too.
Roof coatings for commercial roofing San Antonio companies are used to add an additional layer of protection to roof surfaces to ensure the roof’s problem-free operation and to prolong its lifespan. The coatings are made from special, very durable materials and they are easy to apply, too, but one of their most important benefits is that they reduce the amount of energy needed for cooling and heating the building interior – here is how:
- Reflective properties – many roof coating products have reflective properties through which they prevent the roof from absorbing the heat of the sun. By doing so, these coatings significantly reduce the amount of heat transferred through the roofing structure to the interior spaces in the house, which will reduce the amount of energy needed for cooling the building and the energy bills;
- Sealing the roof surface – roof coatings make the roof surface more intact, reducing the amount of heated air that can escape through the structure when the air is cold outside. By sealing off the roof surface, the coating improves the roof’s energy-efficiency, thus reducing the amount of heat necessary for warming your rooms. Needing your heaters less will be almost instantly visible on your energy bills, making the investment into a suitable, high-quality roof coating product worthwhile, indeed.
Your roof will certainly function without coating, but the products destined to add an extra layer of protection to your roof surface are affordable and easy to apply and they also come with lots of other great benefits – here are some:
- Reduced cooling bills – you can find specialized roof coatings that have been developed to reflect the sun’s rays, thus reducing the amount of heat absorbed by the roof. A cooler roof means less heat transferred towards the building interior and cooler rooms that need less energy to be kept cool;
- Reduced heating bills – the roof is among the largest surfaces on any building and as such, it is one of the components that lets out the most heat. Roof coatings can provide a solution to that, too, by sealing the roof surface and improving its energy-efficiency;
- Higher Energy Star rating – the energy-efficiency rating given to your building during an inspection will determine the value of your property. Roof coatings from skilled Chicago commercial roofing contractors can improve the energy-efficiency of your roof and, consequently, they can also improve your home’s rating;
- Protection against leaks – many roof coatings are developed especially for preventing leaks and for stopping small leaks on their tracks by adding a waterproofing layer to the roof surface;
- Prolonged lifespan – the diverse protection that roof coatings can give your roof will make your roof live longer.
The best way to protect your roof is by taking steps to prevent damage and when it comes to preventing roof damage in winter, one of the most important prevention measures is the application of a suitable, winter-grade or all-temperature roof coating product on the roof’s surface. Here is how these coatings will help you preserve your roof intact and in excellent condition throughout the winter:
- A properly applied roof coating will seal the surface of the roof, preventing the penetration of water, rust and corrosion – proper application in this case means application on a surface that is clean, dry, completely free from ice and snow (unless you are using a wet-surface product) and applying the coatings only when the ambient temperature is in the range specified in the product description or in the installation manual. Coating products also take some time to cure and to be able to deliver the desired level of protection;
- Protection from high winds – many roof coatings form layers that make the roof more uniform. A smooth roofing surface does not have protruding areas that high winds can grab, therefore a roof protected with the right type of coating is safer in windy periods. Find some of the best commercial roofing San Antonio roof coatings by having them professionally installed by your local roofers.
The best roof coating is one that you select to meet your specific needs in terms of roof protection – here are the features offered by roof coating products:
- Solar protection – the sun’s rays bombard roofs with heat and UV radiation, both being very harmful for roofs, commercial, industrial and residential alike. Today, there are many different coating options available for offering roofs the solar protection they need, the two most common options being acrylic coatings and rubber coating products;
- Energy efficiency – many coatings that provide solar protection will also reduce the amount of heat absorbed by the roof, thus reducing the energy necessary for cooling the building interior and you can also find coatings that provide a thermal barrier on the surface of the roof that prevents heated air from escaping through the roof in winter;
- Waterproofing – ponding water and prolonged rainy periods are also very harmful for roofs. While much of that harm can be prevented with a well-installed roof surrounded by a proper, well-maintained drainage system, your commercial roof can surely do with some additional waterproofing, unless of course it is the metal roofing San Antonio buildings are known for. To achieve that, have a look at the coating products developed for providing an efficient water barrier, such as silicone or rubberized coatings.
Commercial roof coatings are products applied on roof surfaces with the purpose of improving the roof’s durability and resistance. Some roof coatings form a waterproofing layer on the roof to prevent and to stop leaks, others reflect the sun’s rays to keep the roof cooler and to protect the roof surface from the harm potentially caused by UV rays, thus reducing heating bills.
Commercial roofing Chicago products come in many forms and types, the most common ones being silicone, preferred for its waterproofing qualities, polyurethane that also offers enhanced protection from water damage and acrylic coatings, preferred for their UV-protective qualities.
Roof coatings come in many forms and types, but they all share one quality: they are very easy to install. Most coating products are similar to paint in terms of consistency and they are also applied on the roof in ways similar to applying paint – some coatings are spread with brushes, others are sprayed from cans. Some coating products come with special instructions regarding the ambient temperature range suitable for the installation; some products are installed directly on the cleaned roof surface, others need priming before application, but the process is quick and easy with all coating products. Roof coatings need to be reapplied at regular intervals – information about that aspect is included in the instructions attached to the product.
Roof coatings are similar to paint, but thicker and they are used for extending the lifespan of low-slope roofs and for protecting these systems against the harmful effects of the elements. When applied on already existing commercial roofing systems, coating products have instant benefits – here are some:
- Versatile application – there are several types of coating products available for any commercial roofing, for BUR, bitumen and single-ply membrane roofs as well as for spray foam and metal roofs. The products intended for being used on a specific type of material are developed to address the challenges that the specific roofing system is faced with, thus providing customized protection;
- Protection from a wide range of weather effects – commercial roof coatings serve the purpose of increasing the roof’s resistance against high winds, excessive moisture and harsh UV radiations;
- Correction for minor issues – commercial roof coatings are either sprayed onto the roof surface or applied with the help of rolls and brushes. These products are not intended to replace adequate repairs, but after the application, they form a durable and elastic film on the roof surface that seals not only the smooth roof areas, but gets into the minor cracks and seams as well, making these more sensitive areas resistant as well. Contact a TPO roofing San Antonio contractor as soon as your roof is compromised in any way.
The popularity of metal roofs has been on the rise for many years and the reasons are also numerous. Here are some of the major benefits of installing a metal roof on your building:
- Metal is weather resistant – hardly any element gets to metal. The panels made from steel or from other alloys are able to resist excessive moisture, wind and fire, so they are suitable for any climate region, even for areas that get severe weather all the time;
- Energy-efficiency – most metal roofs are treated with a special kind of protective coating that reflects the sun’s rays and prevents the roof from absorbing solar heat. To make the roof energy-efficient in cold areas, though, you will need to add suitable insulation;
- Reduced long-term costs – metal roofs are quite affordable upfront and installation is also cheap because it does not require any special expertise or tools. The overall ownership costs of metal roofs are further reduced on the long run – metal roofs don’t need any special maintenance to perform well for decades and their resistance and durability guarantees that you will have a reliable, low-cost roof for the entire time that your metal roof spends on your building. For commercial roof coatings and repair, see http://ultimateroofcoaters.com/chicago-commercial-roofing/.
Roofs are strong and weak at the same time – they are made from strong, durable and resistant materials that can endure the harshest conditions, including wind, rain, snow and fire, yet they are also sensitive to all these elements and need all the protection they can get. One of the best ways to reinforce your roof is to apply the right type of coating. Here are the benefits of choosing the most suitable type of roof coating:
- Reflective coating – this type of light-colored coating protects your roof from the harmful effects of solar radiation and they prevent the roof from absorbing the heat of the sun, too. The coating keeps the temperature of the roof at low levels even when the heat is high, so it ultimately protects the entire building from heating up;
- Waterproofing coating – these coating products protect your roof against the penetration of water. The material seals the entire roof surface, not only the smooth surface of your roof, but the seams and the small crack as well, making the entire structure waterproof and preventing leaks.
Whatever coating you need to make your roof more resistant when severe weather of any kind hits, make sure to have Chicago commercial roofing contractors re-apply roof coating product at the regular intervals specified in the description of the product.