Your roof will certainly function without coating, but the products destined to add an extra layer of protection to your roof surface are affordable and easy to apply and they also come with lots of other great benefits – here are some:
- Reduced cooling bills – you can find specialized roof coatings that have been developed to reflect the sun’s rays, thus reducing the amount of heat absorbed by the roof. A cooler roof means less heat transferred towards the building interior and cooler rooms that need less energy to be kept cool;
- Reduced heating bills – the roof is among the largest surfaces on any building and as such, it is one of the components that lets out the most heat. Roof coatings can provide a solution to that, too, by sealing the roof surface and improving its energy-efficiency;
- Higher Energy Star rating – the energy-efficiency rating given to your building during an inspection will determine the value of your property. Roof coatings from skilled Chicago commercial roofing contractors can improve the energy-efficiency of your roof and, consequently, they can also improve your home’s rating;
- Protection against leaks – many roof coatings are developed especially for preventing leaks and for stopping small leaks on their tracks by adding a waterproofing layer to the roof surface;
- Prolonged lifespan – the diverse protection that roof coatings can give your roof will make your roof live longer.